FC: Time to get restraining order against Windows XP for bad security?

From: Declan McCullagh (iat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 18:09:18 PDT

    Windows XP reportedly -- I have not verified this -- includes a default
    configuration that permits IP spoofing. IP spoofing can result in security
    breaches unless countermeasures such as encryption are used. Background:
    http://www.linux.com/security/newsitem.phtml?sid=11&aid=8999
    http://webopedia.internet.com/TERM/I/IP_spoofing.html

    -Declan
    iat_private