FC: Digital Angel may -- or may not -- soon implant chips in humans

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 17:51:47 PDT

    [A followup is even more relevant, in which the company declaims any
    immediate plans for human use:
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=23268  --DBM]

    ---

    From: "Dwayne Gradin" <elchapulinat_private>
    To: declanat_private
    Subject: Digital Angel
    Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 03:40:56

    Declan,
    Forgive me if this isn't quite what you believe is germaine to the Politech
    list, but I thought it was certainly noteworthy.  I'm sure you've heard of
    Digital Angel by now, but in any case, here's a link to a WorldNetDaily
    article about it.

    L8R,
    Seņor Dwayne

    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=23232

    'Digital Angel' set to fly tomorrow
    Implant technology to be beta tested on humans

    Beginning tomorrow, Applied Digital Solutions will begin beta testing on
    humans an implant technology capable of allowing users to emit a homing
    beacon, have vital bodily functions monitored and confirm identity when
    making e-commerce transactions.