FC: U.S. Chamber of Commerce event in DC on ICANN, domains on 6/22

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 08:45:45 PDT

    *******

    From: "Lane, Rick" <RLaneat_private>
    To: "'declanat_private'" <declanat_private>
    Subject: Chamber New TLD Event
    Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 11:19:43 -0400
    Can you post to your list?

    Thanks.

    I want to invite you and your colleagues to an event that we are hosting on
    June 22nd from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. regarding the rollout of the new top
    level domains (.biz, .info, .pro) at the US Chamber (1615 H St.,
    NW).  Presentations will be made by the Registries of .biz, .pro, and .info
    with a Q& A to follow.

    Let me know if you or some one in your office will be able to attend. Also,
    if there are any other staffers you think might be interested, please feel
    free to forward this message.

    Thanks.

    Domains: The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is turning its attention to the
    technical aspects of the Internet and aims to help businesses learn about
    legal and regulatory issues emerging from the newly expanded Internet
    domain-name system. The chamber plans to host a conference June 22 to help
    familiarize businesses with the newly approved top-level domain names
    (TLDs) -- .biz, .info and .pro -- with the companies offering them and with
    the policies of the  <<http://www.icann.org/>http://www.icann.org/>
    Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), which governs
    the domain-name system. "We want to begin to educate the business community
    about what is going on" with new TLDs, said Rick Lane, the chamber's
    director of e-commerce and Internet technology. Representatives from the
    three new domain registries are scheduled to deliver presentations at the
    conference.