FC: Digital Angel responds to Politech over tracking, implants

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 21 2001 - 10:44:48 PDT

    *********

    Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 09:14:47 -0400
    From: [deleted by request]
    To: Declan McCullagh <declanat_private>

    Declan:

    Please find below a statement about Digital Angel that you can attribute to "a
    company spokesperson."

    Thanks for the opportunity to respond.  I trust you will circulate this
    statement
    in full to your readership.

    Here's the statement:

    "We appreciate the opportunity to issue a statement about Digital Angel
    to your readers.  We have studied the marketplace for emergency location
    and medical monitoring devices and we're convinced there is a huge
    potential market need for a wearable, external device.  That is our sole
    focus.  Let there be no mistake or confusion about this.  Digital Angel
    is being developed as a wearable, wristwatch-type device that will,
    among other things, help save lives by locating lost or missing children or
    at-risk patients who may require emergency medical attention.  We are not
    now developing, nor do we have any plans to develop, anything other than
    an external, wearable device."