FC: A Canadian view on tech firms, broadband, and corporate pork

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 22:42:59 PDT

    [Perhaps Cisco has a point. I believe that not only is universal broadband
    access required to usher in the New Economy and spark the next stock market
    rally and maintain America's competitiveness -- but so is access to
    adequate news and information services. They are, of course, modern
    society's lifeblood. My modest proposal is that Congress subsidize access
    to tech-politics news services. Coincidentally, Politech will now be
    subscription-based and your humble editor will soon be relocating to his
    new yacht on St. Martin. God bless Congress! --Declan]

    ---