FC: Miami Herald reports Florida cops knew law is unconstitutional

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 22:41:25 PDT

    [Thanks to Google's cache, I've read some articles by Dennis Cooper, the
    editor and publisher of "Key West The Newspaper" who was arrested last
    week. Without the backing of a major corporation and relying only on his
    own wits, reporting skills, and news judgement, Cooper has served as a
    voice of the community and a gadfly to the local political establishment.
    He's doing the kind of investigative writing that more of us big-city
    journalists should be doing, and it's no surprise that the local politicos
    and cops want to shut him up. PS: The Miami Herald misspelled the name of a
    federal judge. The correct spelling is William Zloch, in case you want to
    look up his opinion. --Declan]

    *********