FC: More on Georgia prosecuting man over distributed.net client

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 22:24:01 PDT

    More info:
    http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?start=1&catid=39&threadid=490400
    http://www.slashdot.org/yro/01/07/08/2153206.shtml

    "Georgia reportedly prosecuting man over distributed.net client"

    *********

    Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 21:11:08 -0400 (EDT)
    From: "James B. DiGriz" <jbdigrizat_private>
    To: Declan McCullagh <declanat_private>
    cc: politechat_private
    Subject: Re: FC: Georgia reportedly prosecuting man over distributed.net
      client

    My understanding is that the events in question occurred at Dekalb
    Tech, a unit of the Georgia Dept. of Technical and Adult
    Education, which is not part of the University System, nor administerd by
    the Board of Regents, as I understand it.

    Just didn't want to see the University System trashed.

    Looks like our AG is doing a good enough job of trashing the whole state,
    though. I'll wait for more info to decide whether he's just a bonehead, or
    malevolent opportunist. Whichever, this is an abuse of the statute he's
    using, and an embarrassment to the state.

    jbdigriz

    *********

    Two anon responses:

    *********