FC: Computers, Freedom and Privacy '02: Call for proposals due 10/15

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 01 2001 - 21:26:13 PDT

    *********

    Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 17:35:23 -0400
    To: Declan McCullagh <declanat_private>
    From: Ari Schwartz <ariat_private>
    Subject: CFP2002: Call for Proposals

    Hi Declan,

    We will send this far and wide over the next couple of months, but I wanted
    to send it out to a few of CFPs friends, such as yourself, to post first.

    Ari

    ---

    CFP2002: The Twelfth Conference on Computers, Freedom & Privacy
    http://www.cfp2002.org
    Cathedral Hill Hotel
    San Francisco, California, USA

    April 16-19, 2002

    CALL FOR PROPOSALS

    The Program Committee of the Twelfth Conference on Computers,
    Freedom, and Privacy (CFP2002) seeks your proposals for innovative
    conference sessions and speakers.

    The Computers, Freedom & Privacy Conference has been a leader in the
    public debate on the future of privacy and freedom in the online
    world for over a decade.  Each year, key representatives from government,
    business, education, and non-profits including the legal, law
    enforcement, security, media, consumer, and hacker communities have
    gathered together to anticipate policy trends and issues and to help map
    the future of society in the online world. Attendees will meet again next
    April to address cutting edge questions and issues in computing, freedom
    and privacy.

    The conference's site, San Francisco, brings CFP back to its Bay Area
    roots, and provides as a rich backdrop the people, ideas and culture
    that have shaped both the Internet as well as global Internet activism.
    The conference will examine the role the Internet is playing in
    democratic activism at all levels: local, national, and global.

    Proposals are welcomed on all aspects of computers, freedom, and
    privacy.  We strongly encourage proposals that explore some of the
    most important issues facing the Internet and freedom, including:
    global activitism; technology and monopoly; voting
    technology and democracy; technology and weapons; ICANN and Internet
    governance;  borders and censorship; digital divide; biometric
    systems; consumer privacy; wireless privacy and security; hacktivism;
    intellectual property and intellectual freedom; digital rights
    management and privacy; public records and private lives.

    We are seeking proposals for tutorials, plenary sessions, workshops,
    technical demonstrations, and birds-of-a-feather sessions. We are
    also seeking suggestions for speakers and topics.  Sessions should
    present a wide range of thinking on a topic by including speakers
    from different viewpoints.  Complete submission instructions appear
    on the CFP2002 web site at http://www.cfp2002.org/submissions/.

    We are also planning a day-long workshop on building digital rights
    management technologies.  A separate Call for Papers will be sent
    for this workshop.

    All submissions must be received by October 15, 2001. Proposals will
    be reviewed by the CFP2002 Program Committee and Advisory Board
    <http://www.cfp2002.org/advisoryboard/>.  The Program Committee
    will notify submitters of the status of proposals no later than
    December 7, 2001.