FC: AP reportedly doesn't like quoting one sentence from articles

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 07:48:01 PDT

    A Politech irregular, Jay Holovacs <holovacsat_private>, reports the
    Associated Press has pressured about.com to remove excerpted AP stories
    (with links to the offsite complete text) from the site if even one
    sentence is quoted.

    Two items follow:
    1. Mail from Jay with links to about.com's moderator announcement
    2. A note to Jay from Austin Cline, the about.com forum moderator

    -Declan

    ********