FC: Industry Standard ceases publication, lays off staff

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 21:01:23 PDT

    Also see:

    http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/nm/20010816/tc/industrystandard_dc_4.html
    >The Industry Standard, whose pages chronicled the hope and the hubris of
    >the dot-com revolution, announced Thursday it was suspending publication
    >and laying off most of its staff -- the latest victim of the slumping
    >technology sector it once celebrated.

    This is a terrible shame. I remember meeting Jonathan Weber, the editor in
    chief, for coffee on Connecticut Ave. here in DC about the time that he was
    preparing to launch the magazine, maybe in 1997. Things were a lot
    different then. I have friends who work there, and I wish them the best of
    luck.

    -Declan

    ********