FC: Location-based sex services drive growth of wireless industry

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 08:05:24 PDT

    [This reads like a spoof, but it's a real press release. wow-com is run by
    the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association in DC, and the
    press release is highlighted on Mobile Motion's website too. --Declan]

    ---

    http://www.wow-com.com/news/newsline/press_release.cfm?press_id=3079

        Adult Location-Based Services Driving Wireless Portal's Growth
        August 15, 2001 | Mobile Motion

        LOS ANGELES - Aug. 15, 2001 -- Mobile Motion Inc. today denied
        fuckedcompany.com rumors that layoffs have taken place. Mobile Motion
        confirmed they are hiring new employee's and are experiencing
        exponential growth driven primarily through their wireless
        location-based adult services: Strip Club Search and Escort Search.
        Mobile Motion provides phone numbers and addresses for thousands of
        local transportation and recreation businesses and services across the
        country.

        "At Mobile Motion, we value the strong relationships we have with our
        wireless consumers and have consistently listen to them. Adult
        wireless location-based services are fueling our growth and we intend
        to provide new adult services that are relevant to our mobile
        consumer's needs," said David Perez, Mobile Motion's marketing
        manager.

        To access the service, consumers simply click on Mobile Motion on
        their Web-enabled phones (wap.mobilemotion.com) or handheld device
        (pda.mobilemotion.com) and enter their current location by area code,
        zip code, airport code, address, or city and state. Once they have
        entered their location, they can quickly find a multitude of nearby
        transportation and recreation services. Need a taxi to pick you up and
        don't know the number? Simply enter the street name to find nearby. On
        a business trip and need to find an Escort or the nearest strip club?
        Simply enter the city and state and get phone numbers of the closest
        business.

        About Mobile Motion
        Mobile Motion Inc. is a wireless internet transportation and
        recreation company that enables mobile consumers to enter their
        location and use that location to access a variety of relevant
        businesses from their Web-enabled phone (wap.mobilemotion.com) or
        handheld device (pda.mobilemotion.com).