FC: Oracle's Larry Ellison urges national ID card for Americans

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 21:40:38 PDT

    http://www.drudgereport.com/id.htm

    http://www.siliconvalley.com/docs/news/svfront/ellsn092301.htm

    ----

    Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 18:49:33 -0700
    To: declanat_private (Declan McCullagh)
    From: David Theroux <DTherouxat_private>
    Subject: Ellison and ID cards

    Dear Declan,

    According to Drudge, Larry Ellison is now offering to donate the technology
    to create a national ID card.  What else would we expect from a firm that
    was created by the CIA:

    http://beta.kpix.com/news/scripts/fri5pm.htm#77tz:_Ellison

    Best regards,

    David