FC: Sex site can stay online, doesn't violate city code, court says

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 21:59:57 PDT

    Excerpt:
    >This appeal arises from Voyeur Dorm L.C.'s ("Voyeur Dorm") alleged
    >violation of Tampa's City Code based on the district court's
    >characterization of Voyeur Dorm as an adult entertainment facility.
    >Because we conclude the district court misapplied Tampa's City Code
    >because it erroneously found that Voyeur Dorm offered adult entertainment
    >to the public at the residence in question, we reverse the judgment of the
    >district court.

    ---

    CYBERSPACE LAW, PROPERTY LAW & REAL ESTATE

          VOYEUR DORM, L.C. v. CITY OF TAMPA, FL, No 00-16346 (11th Cir.
          September 21, 2001)
          Tampa City Code 27-523, which regulates adult businesses, applies
          only to locations or premises where adult entertainment is actually
          offered to the public, not where such entertainment can be viewed in
          other locations via the Internet.

          To read the full text of this opinion, go to:
          http://laws.lp.findlaw.com/11th/0016346opn.html