FC: Leaked documents allegedly reveal RIAA assault on peer-to-peer

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 06:05:22 PDT

    *******

    From: "james alexander" <jamespalexanderat_private>
    To: declanat_private
    Subject: News Article, RIAA internal document. (for distribution on politech)
    Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 07:33:14 +0000

    Hi,

    This article:
    http://www.dotcomscoop.com/riaa1003.html

    discusses an 'Internal Memos Outline RIAA's Strategy To Launch Offensive
    Against Peer-To-Peer Networks' obtained by dotcomscoop.

    Memo:
    http://www.dotcomscoop.com/riaamemo.html

    The memo concludes:
    'Thus, we recommend (1) filing claims against FastTrack, MusicCity, and
    Grockster, (2) immediately thereafter initiating discussions with FastTrack
    about resolving our claims in a way that will provide us with useful
    information and testimony against MusicCity, and if possible obtain
    FastTrack's cooperation in shutting down or converting MusicCity and
    Grokster, and (4) continue forward with litigation against MusicCity,
    Grokster, and potentially Timberline Venture Partners.'

    I thought that it was worthy of your attention.
    Keep up the good work,
    James