FC: TV networks reportedly refuse ads endorsing arm-pilots bill

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 06:52:04 PDT

    Sen. Bob Smith of New Hampshire has introduced an arm-pilots bill in the
    Senate:
    http://www.house.gov/paul/press/press2001/pr100401.htm
    Rep. Ron Paul of Texas has introduced it in the House:
    http://www.house.gov/paul/press/press2001/pr091401.htm

    While the networks have the right to refuse this advertisement supporting
    two bills in Congress -- if the situation is as Frontsight says -- it's
    still reasonable to ask "why?" An ad supporting (or opposing) legislation
    is hardly novel, as anyone who has seen those awful electricity/broadband
    campaigns knows.

    -Declan

    ********