FC: EPIC dares Larry Ellison to debate; more on national ID cards

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 22:24:48 PDT

    *********

    Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 12:04:02 -0700
    To: declanat_private, politechat_private
    From: Lizard <lizardat_private>
    Subject: Re: FC: Oracle's Larry Ellison lobbies hard for National ID card

    Has everyone but me noted that the hijackers were in the country legally
    and had legal identification, and that, therefore, future hijackers
    following the same modus operandi would have their little fascist "smart
    cards" on them as they committed suicide???

    In other words, Mr. Ellison's proposal, if it had been in place on
    September 11, would not have saved ONE SINGLE LIFE. But it WOULD create a
    gross violation of the liberties we're currently bombing the crap out of
    Afghanistan to protect.

    Perhaps we need to "accidentally" drop a few "smart bombs" on Silicon Valley.

    Heads up, all of you cheering on Mr. Ellison since he opposes Microsoft --
    anyone who goes crying to the government because he can't run a business
    properly will not respect any OTHER aspect of a free society, either.

    *********