FC: SiliconValley.com roundtable this week on privacy during wartime

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 23:17:03 PDT

    [The editors at siliconvalley.com were kind enough to invite me and a
    half-dozen other folks to participate in this roundtable. --Declan]

    *********

    From: "Paczkowski, John" <JPaczkowskiat_private>
    To: "'Declan McCullagh'" <declanat_private>
    Subject: RE: Be careful before self-rating: You may find your site deleted
    Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 19:11:36 -0400

    SiliconValley.com is currently hosting the fourth in its series of online
    Roundtable discussions.  At issue: In the Information Age, how do we balance
    the need for security and the desire for consumer convenience with the
    protection of our private data and our civil rights?  Among the event's
    guests ... Brad Templeton, chairman of the board of
    the Electronic Frontier Foundation; Marc Rotenberg, Director of the
    Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC); Cylink CEO and former NSA
    deputy director William Crowell;  Bentley College professor Dr. Mary Culnan
    who serves on the President's Commission on Critical Infrastructure
    Protection; and Mark Stone
    the president of Narus - a company that just pitched their network
    monitoring technology to Washington.   You'll find the introduction to the
    event and a full list of panelists at
    http://www.siliconvalley.com/roundtable/ and the discussion itself at
    http://forums.siliconvalley.com/discussion/msgshow.cfm/msgboard=5968009897410465&msg=7407977529371321&page=1&idDispSub=5145094516046185