FC: Report in filtering lawsuit highlights sloppily blocked sites

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 13:54:59 PST

    See as background:

    "Court denies DOJ request to block filtering lawsuit"
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-02314.html

    "Philadelphia judges OK library filtering case for 2002 trial"
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-02298.html

    Marjorie Heins and Christina Cho have coauthored a recent report
    on filtering software:
    http://www.ncac.org/issues/internetfilters.html

    And John Levine points out that "safesurf's mail server 63.107.146.25 is
    misconfigured as an open relay and appears on several blocking lists other
    than MAPS."