Razor Warning: SPAM/UBE/UCE

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 09:59:45 PST

Jim Robinson's Free Republic announcement in question is here:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/558213/posts
     Lots of grumbling lately about deleted posts. Well, my friends, the
     simple truth is the game has changed. We are now at war. We have
     been attacked by a vicious cold-blooded force of international
     terrorists who want to destroy our nation, our freedom and our way
     of life. There is no doubt about this. Knowing this, I am alarmed
     to read some of the stuff that has been posted to FR in the last
     few days. This is not the time to raise doubts about our leaders.
     This is not the time to raise conspiracy theories. This is not the
     time to second guess our intelligence agencies. This is war. This
     is survival of our way of life. We must unite behind our
     Commander-in-chief and do all we possibly can to support him and
     our war efforts. We do not have a choice in this matter. [...]

Jim Robinson is the founder of Free Republic and an icon of the online
conservative movement. What a difference two years makes -- here's an
excerpt from an admittedly not-very-flattering article in Salon from
1999 that described how Robinson outraged fellow conservatives by
writing "a windy jeremiad linking Texas Gov. Bush with alleged
CIA-connected drug-running under his father, a former CIA director
(1975-77), vice president (1981-89) and president of the United States
(1989-93)." (http://www.salon.com/news/feature/1999/07/13/free/)

-Declan

----- Forwarded message from bea anon <anarchocipherat_private> -----

hi declan, this probably isn't publish-worthy, but i
thought you might find it interesting, from the
freerepublic.com website ... jim robinson is the
person who runs the site.

http://sf.indymedia.org/2001/10/107742.php

The home of the "Freeper" movement is coming to terms
with its own internal fascism. Remember when you didnt
speak out for the Arabs? Now they are silencing you.
The Free Republic website isn't very free at all, and
Jim Robinson explains why here. "We don't need people
questioning our leaders..." hahaha

And now a few words from Jim Robinson:
Lots of grumbling lately about deleted posts. Well, my
friends, the simple truth is the game has changed. We
are now at war. We have been attacked by a vicious
cold-blooded force of international terrorists who
want to destroy our nation, our freedom and our way of
life. There is no doubt about this. Knowing this, I am
alarmed to read some of the stuff that has been posted
to FR in the last few days. This is not the time to
raise doubts about our leaders. This is not the time
to raise conspiracy theories. This is not the time to
second guess our intelligence agencies. This is war.
This is survival of our way of life. We must unite
behind our Commander-in-chief and do all we possibly
can to support him and our war efforts. We do not have
a choice in this matter. The terrorists who attack us
do so without warning and without mercy. They do not
want peace. They do not want to co-exist. They do not
want appeasement or negotiation. They want to destroy
us. They want to destroy our way of life. They want to
destroy our freedom. They want to destroy our nation.
They have no conscience, no respect for life, no
compassion and will give no quarter. Death of the USA
is what they seek.

Many of us on Free Republic are veterans or have
family members who are veterans or who are currently
serving in the military. We have each sworn a solemn
oath to defend our Constitution and our nation. We
will not waver in the face of adversity and we will
not shirk our responsibility or fail to do our duty.
Regardless of our political differences, we will join
together to support our nation and to crush our common
enemy.

All of us can help out. There will be opportunities
coming for volunteers for all sorts of wartime
activities. There will be opportunities to help our
men and women in uniform, our civil defense efforts,
our war production efforts, giving blood, buying war
bonds, cooperating if there are shortages, supporting
our leaders and generally supporting the war effort.

There will also be precautionary measures. First and
foremost on this forum and elsewhere is to respect the
fact that we deal in political information. Many of us
may personally gain access to sensitive information
that could harm our military or our war efforts if it
falls into the wrong hands. If you live or work in an
area where you may learn of troop movements or war
plans or if you have family members or friends who may
have access to this information, please do not spread
it around. We will be on the lookout for any "Loose
Lips" info and will delete it when spotted on this
forum. Now, information that is already printed in the
newspapers may or may not fall into this category.
Usually, published information is fair game to post.
But, please be careful in what discussions may follow.

Also, as I said above, it is essential for all of us
to unite behind our President. Now is not the time to
seek political advantage. Now is not the time to raise
doubts about our government or our military, and now
is not the time to post conspiracy theory or to engage
in smear attacks. And, no, my finely feathered,
tinfoil-hatted friends, we did not do this to
ourselves. The U.S. government did not start this war.
We were victims of an unprecedented, pre-meditated
surprise attack, perpetrated by hostile, cowardly
foreign parties. This attack may not have been in the
military scale and scope of a Pearl Harbor, but in
terms of lives lost and impact on the nation and the
world it is every bit as severe.

Even so, we have confidence. We know that our nation
is the strongest in the world and that our people are
resolved to do whatever it takes to win. We've done it
before and we will do it again. This is our heritage.
Securing the blessings of liberty for ourselves and
our posterity in the tradition of our forefathers is
our duty and obligation. And I have faith that with
God's blessings, we will rid the world of this evil
threat.

God bless you all and God bless America.

Regards,
Jim Robinson

http://personals.yahoo.com

----- End forwarded message -----