FC: Gore humor, alas, not true: Reuters retracts restaurant story

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Fri Nov 30 2001 - 21:56:02 PST

    *******

    From: Madeleine Kane <madkaneat_private>
    To: "'declanat_private'" <declanat_private>
    Subject: Not true, after all:   RE: Friday humor: Al Gore, former VP, now a
    restauranteur
    Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 00:40:43 -0500

    Alas, it was a good story while it lasted.  But it's been corrected:
    http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011130/pl/people_gore_dc_2.html
    " CORRECTION: Al Gore Restaurateur Story Withdrawn
    The Nov. 29 LAGOS, Nigeria, story headlined ``Al Gore  says now
    restaurateur in Tennessee'' is wrong and is withdrawn. The story was based
    on an erroneous hearing of Gore's remarks.According to a transcript
    provided by a representative for Gore, the former vice president said ``...
    we stopped at a little family restaurant in Tennessee. We were eating there
    by ourselves. It was a low-cost restaurant called Shoney's.''There will be
    no substitute story. "
    Too bad, I has some fun plans for that little morsel in my Dubya's Dayly
    Diary.
    Madeleine Begun Kane, Humor Columnist
    http://www.madkane.com
    http://www.madkane.com/bush.html  (Dubya's Dayly Diary)
    Subscribe To MADKANE HUMOR:
    Send Blank email to madkane-subscribeat_private