FC: Acxiom's modest proposal: Background checks on air passengers

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 07:43:30 PST

    Background on Axciom, which I invite to reply to the list (I will
    distribute Acxiom's response unedited):

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/frompost/march98/privacy8.htm
    "You've probably never heard of Acxiom Corp., a giant information service
    tucked near the rolling Ozark foothills. But chances are that Acxiom knows
    quite a lot about you"

    "The [FTC] took a hard look at the likes of Acxiom and Abacus, massive
    marketing databases that cover the purchasing habits of at least 90 percent
    of America's 100 million households."

    http://www.cnn.com/1999/TECH/computing/12/03/aussie.bigbro.idg/
    "Australia data warehouse raises privacy concerns"