FC: Embattled Texas mall critic returns with plaintiff's-lawyers-suck website

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2001 - 07:58:17 PST

    "Texas mall tries to close critical website with similar name"
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-02796.html

    "Update on Texas mall assailing critical website with similar name"

    Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:18:48 +0000 (GMT)
    From: Kieran Barry <kieranat_private>
    To: declanat_private
    cc: TaubmanSucksat_private
    Subject: Re: TaubmanSucks update 12/17/01

    Hi Declan,

    More on Hank Mishkoff, the webmaster in a domain name/ trademark dispute
    who was defending himself, in part, through a "sucks.com" website.  The
    site contained a blow-by-blow description of the dispute and copies of the
    legal papers.

    The judge (from the Sixth Circuit) in the case has issue an injunction
    ordering the removal of "the website".  Because of earlier use of this
    wording, Mishkoff has interpreted this as requiring the _content of the
    site_ to be removed from the net.

    Digging through the legal papers, this is judge's wording:

    --quote--
    1. Defendants are hereby RESTRAINED and ENJOINED from using websites on
    the Internet with the following domain names:

         * www.taubmansucks.com
         * www.willowbendsucks.com
         * www.willowbendmallsucks.com
         * www.shopsatwillowbendsucks.com
         * www.theshopsatwillowbendsucks.com

    FURTHER, Defendants are ORDERED to remove the websites with the domain
    names:

         * www.taubmansucks.com
         * www.willowbendsucks.com
         * www.willowbendmallsucks.com
         * www.shopsatwillowbendsucks.com
         * www.theshopsatwillowbendsucks.com

    from the Internet.
    --endquote

    The judge also claims that Michigan is the correct jurisdiction for a
    trademark dispute about a Texas mall.  IANAL, but this seems to be quite
    significant.

    Regards

    Kieran