FC: U.K. auto buff fights speed cameras on privacy grounds

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 03 2002 - 07:34:49 PST

    Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:44:01 +0000
    From: David Cantrell <davidat_private>
    To: Declan McCullagh <declanat_private>
    Subject: Speed cameras to be challenged in European Court of Human Rights?

    Something I saw on the BBC news this morning which might interest politechers:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_1740000/1740339.stm

    I find it a bit odd, cos a year or so ago, a judge ruled that an almost
    identical police practice was illegal:

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_834000/834532.stm

    --
    David Cantrell | davidat_private | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

           We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity
           has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
                                                     -- Richard Dawkins