FC: Why no confirmation on raisethefist.com reported raid?

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 30 2002 - 11:14:10 PST

    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 00:55:06 -0600
    From: Jay Edwards <jayedat_private>
    To: declanat_private
    Subject: raisethefist.com raid

    Hi, Declan,

    I hope that you're enjoying your touristy-stuff.  When I lived in
    Europe, Turkey was one of my favorite vacation spots -- different enough
    to be interesting without being so foreign as to be difficult to adjust
    to.

    I've done a few quick google searches about the supposed raid.  I found
    mentions of it on all of the indymedia (of course) sites, kuro5hin,
    mediageek and a few personal web sites.  All of these sites use the same
    two articles as their primary source.

    I checked to LA Times website and there are seven articles that mention
    "FBI" and "raid" since Januray 23, 2002.  None of these articles have
    anything to do with raisethefist.com.

    This seems to be some type of hoax. It's a wee bit hard to think that
    no reputable news agency (or even slashdot) hasn't mentioned this.

    Thanks,
    Jay Edwards