FC: Verified: FBI has raided anarchist site raisethefist.com

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 02:09:37 PST

    [I'm glad to see that Brian was the first (full-time) reporter to pick up
    the phone and call the FBI. I'm in Malta right now and not in a position
    to do long-distance research myself. Indymedia proponents have been
    telling me, correctly, in private email that they were the first site to
    publish news of the raid. The problem is that anyone can post anything on
    Indymedia, so an appearance on such a site by itself is not more credible
    than a Usenet post or barroom gossip. Some threads are researched and
    include legitimate news reporting; others are mere rants. Below "sf
    imcista" tells us we can email imc-sf-editorialat_private if we want
    to tell the difference, but that's not a great solution for individual
    readers. --Declan]

    ---