FC: Senate weighs complete cloning ban, already approved by House

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 05:51:21 PST

    See also:

        By Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
        2:00 a.m. Feb. 9, 2002 PST
        WASHINGTON -- It's been seven months since the House of
        Representatives voted to ban cloning, and the Senate is deciding
        whether to follow suit.
        This week, the Senate Judiciary committee met to decide whether to ban
        human embryo cloning completely, or to prohibit only the reproductive
        cloning of human beings while still allowing "therapeutic" cloning for
        experimental research. [...]