FC: Republican Party threatens enronownsthegop.com with lawsuit

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 14:06:19 PST

    From: "Ken EnronOwnsTheGOP.com" <[deleted --DBM]@hotmail.com>
    To: declanat_private
    Subject: Republicans use 'cease and desist' to stop Enron site
    Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:10:45 -0600

    Thought this might be of interest to you and the Politech list:

    EnronOwnsTheGOP.com has been delivered a cease and desist letter demanding
    that we shut down our site.  Apparently the Republican Party of Texas
    doesn't feel like a parody site about their ties to Enron is very funny -
    or protected by the 1st amendment.

    The cease and desist letter has been posted on our site at:
    http://www.enronownsthegop.com/news/cease.htm

    Webmaster
    http://www.enronownsthegop.com
    adminat_private

    PS If you don't mind, please suppress my hotmail address if this is
    forwarded on.  I would send this from my enronownsthegop address but am
    having hosting problems...  Luckily, I can still receive email at that address.