FC: Calif. governor candidate, DNC chairman turn to political spam

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 23:07:40 PST

    Bill Jones is a Republican candidate for governor of California. An AP
    article on Wednesday said Jones is polling a mere nine percent in advance
    of Tuesday's GOP primary:
    http://www.billjones.org/
    http://www.ss.ca.gov/shrt_bio.htm
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/politics/wire/sns-ap-california-governor0227feb27.story?coll=sns%2Dap%2Dpolitics%2Dheadlines

    Kevin Poulsen sends email asking the real question: "Is this indiscriminate
    spamming actually the work of candidate Jones, or a wily opponent?" I
    invite Bill Jones to reply.

    See the end of this message for John Gilmore's comments on his Terry
    McAuliffe spam.