FC: Bosnia backs down: Internet firms won't monitor, police users

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 09:39:05 PDT

    "Bosnia wants to make Internet firms monitor, police their users"

    From: horvitzat_private
    Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 17:55:00 +0200 (CEST)
    Subject: Bosnian ISP licence
    To: declanat_private

    Dear Mr. McCullagh,

    The final text of Bosnia-Hercegovina's license for ISPs
    was released over the weekend, and it is much improved
    over the first draft.  All of my criticisms were resolved,
    and most of the complaints of the ISPs.  So the time has
    come to update or remove the alert that I sent you in
    February and which you posted on your website.

    Thanks for publicizing this case.  There's no doubt that
    negative reactions from home and abroad led the
    Communications Regulatory Agency to reconsider their
    rules for ISPs, producing a vastly different outcome.

                                >BOB<

    ---
    Robert Horvitz
    Manager, Central/Eastern Europe