FC: Update on Univ of California free speech, thesis case

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sun Apr 28 2002 - 11:13:39 PDT

    Politech archive on disacknowledged case:
    http://www.politechbot.com/cgi-bin/politech.cgi?name=disacknowledged

    The newspaper link below does not seem to work.

    -Declan

    ----- Forwarded message from Christopher Brown <chris.brownat_private> -----

    From: "Christopher Brown" <chris.brownat_private>
    Subject: FC: Disacknowledged Case Heard Before The Ninth Circuit.
    To: <declanat_private>
    Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:44:34 -0700

    Hi Declan,

    Things went well yesterday before the Ninth Circuit, better than expected
    really.  The justices did not seem to buy the arguments of the University of
    California that its professors can use any criteria they wished -- including
    biased and discriminatory criteria-- in evaluating student work.  It was
    really astounding that the University would suggest such a preposterous
    notion.

    Here is a link to the news story.
    http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/Stories/0,1002,542%257E517784%257E53%257E,00.html

    I will be obtaining the tape of the trial proceedings and have it on my
    website (http://www.disacknowledged.org) as soon as I can.

    Sincerely,

    Chris.

    ----- End forwarded message -----