FC: ACLU files amicus brief on behalf of embattled Texas mall critic

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue May 07 2002 - 22:47:06 PDT

    Politech archive on Hank's case:
    http://www.politechbot.com/cgi-bin/politech.cgi?name=taubman

    ---

    Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 15:41:16 -0500
    To: declanat_private
    From: Hank Mishkoff <Hankat_private>
    Subject: "TaubmanSucks" case: The ACLU weighs in

    Declan, I'm not a member of your Politech list, but I know that my case has
    been discussed there, so I thought I'd send you an update (for posting, if
    you think it's appropriate).

    Just wanted to let you know that the ACLU has find an "amicus" brief to
    support me in my appeal of the injunctions that forced me to remove
    ShopsAtWillowBend.com and TaubmanSucks.com from the Web. (When I say "my"
    appeal, I should mention that Paul Levy of Public Citizen is representing
    me.) The Appeals Court granted a stay of the second injunction a couple of
    months ago, so that site is back online.

    The ACLU news release about their brief is online at:

    	http://www.aclu.org/news/2002/n050602a.html

    And the brief itself is online (in PDF format) at:

    	http://www.aclu.org/court/taubman_amicus.pdf

    And, of course, the TaubmanSucks.com site is online at... well, you know...

        Hank Mishkoff
        Hankat_private