FC: Forget the Nigerian spam scam: Now it's the Afghan-war-scam!

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 06:28:30 PDT

    From: "Richard M. Smith" <rmsat_private>
    To: <declanat_private>
    Subject: Weird spam
    Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 21:53:23 -0400

    FYI:

    From: "bradon curtis" <bradonat_private>
    To: "FILE" <bradonat_private>
    Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 11:04:36 -0500
    Subject: A  CRY  FOR  HELP

    18th MAY 2002.
    Kabul, AFGHANISTAN

    Dear Sir,

    My name is Bradon Curtis, Special Forces Commando
    currently on covert search and destroy missions in the mountainous
    wastelands of Afghanistan impenetrable domicile of the dreaded Taleban
    AlQeada terrorist network. Last week, my group (of 4agents)successfully
    overran a hard drug processing enclave and recovered a booty cash sum of
    US$36 million, which no doubt are proceeds from the
    illegal trade used for funding terrorist activities. We have since
    deposited this cash in a security luggage office in Kabul capital city.
    We do not intend to surrender this cash booty to
    our sector commandant for obvious reasons and we
    cannot take out the consignment from Afghanistan
    physically by ourselves as it is against military
    ethics.

    I hereby solicit your assistance to enable me ship
    this money to your safe custody pending the expiration of our current
    regional anti-terrorist exercise. It may interest you to know that
    modalities have been perfected to move this funds to you through a
    security courier agency as soon as you respond in the
    affirmative,indicating your interest and capability to handle this
    transaction.
    We will thus send you the shipment waybill, so that you can help claim
    this luggage on behalf of me and my colleagues. Needless to say the
    trust reposed in you at this junction is enormous, we are willing
    to offer you an agreeable percentage of this funds.

    Finally, I believe that I have been very concise
    sincere in my representation to you and I look forward to consummating
    this transaction with you, but most importantly do acknowledge receipt
    of this mail using my email for further clarification on the modus
    operandi.

    I will furnish you a phone number to reach me when I receive your
    positive response.

    Thanking you in anticipation.

    Yours Truly

    Bradon  Curtis