FC: John C. Dvorak on Politech list and DMCA hoedown photos

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Mon May 20 2002 - 17:54:53 PDT

    [John C. Dvorak (http://www.pcmag.com/author_bio/0,3055,a=123,00.asp) is
    one of the computer industry's veteran columnists. --Declan]

    ---

    Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 15:49:31 -0400
    From: Jim Rapp <infockerat_private>
    Subject: The DMCA: It's Now Comedic
    To: Declan McCullagh <declanat_private>

    Thought you might find this of interest.

    Jim

    http://www.pcmag.com/article/0,2997,s=1500&a=27151,00.asp

    May 20, 2002
    The DMCA: It's Now Comedic
    By  John C. Dvorak
    PC Magazine

    Reader and PR man Alan Wallace turned me on to an interesting Web site
    dedicated to following politics and technology—Declan McCullagh's Politech
    (www.politechbot.com). On the site, there is a search engine you can use to
    look up news on specific issues. This usually reveals numerous items not
    covered by the mainstream media. So type in DMCA and you'll get en eyeful.
    What got my attention was an article entitled "DMCA hoedown! Copyright fans
    party on Capitol Hill on Thursday." [...]

    McCullagh evidently got into this event and took some pictures, which are
    posted on his site. The event looks to have been the typical dreadful
    gathering of stuffed shirts. The problem is, these are dangerous stuffed
    shirts that seem to have things their way all the time.

    Check it out, and bookmark the McCullagh site.