FC: RIAA, SoundExchange on Library of Congress webcasting decision

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 12:51:08 PDT

    Politech archive on CARP process:
    http://www.politechbot.com/cgi-bin/politech.cgi?name=carp

    ---

    From: AWeissat_private
    Subject: RIAA's statement
    To: declanat_private
    Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 14:34:09 -0400

    Declan: Thought you'd want our statement as well.
    best to you.

    Amy

    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                         Contact:       Jonathan Lamy
    Tuesday, May 21, 2002                                        Amanda Collins
    http://www.riaa.com                                          Amy Weiss
                                                            202-857-9650

                   COMMENT BY CARY SHERMAN, PRESIDENT OF THE RIAA
                       ON THE LIBRARIAN OF CONGRESS' DECISION

    "The Librarian has rejected the arbitration panel's determination, but we
    do not know why or what decision the Librarian will ultimately make based
    on the evidence presented.  Since both sides appealed the panel's
    determination, anything is possible.  We look forward to the conclusion of
    this process on June 20th, and to the day when artists and labels finally
    get paid for the use of their music."

                                         ###
    ---