FC: Network Associates thwaps PGP sites with DMCA nastystick

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue May 21 2002 - 16:08:22 PDT

    Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 18:45:40 -0400
    From: "R. A. Hettinga" <rahat_private>
    Subject: NAI pulls out the DMCA stick

    --- begin forwarded text

    Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 15:03:42 -0700 (PDT)
    From: Meyer Wolfsheim <wolfat_private>
    To: <cypherpunksat_private>

    NAI is now taking steps to remove the remaining copies of PGP from the
    Internet, not long after announcing that the company will not release its
    fully completed Mac OS X and Windows XP versions, and will no longer sell
    any copies of its PGP software.

    Do we still believe this was a pure cost-cutting measure?