FC: DOJ responds to informant plan criticism; petition launches

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 22:37:53 PDT

    Defense secretary Rumsfeld claims that al Qaeda uses press leaks to plan
    attacks on U.S.:
    http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-na-leaks16jul16005042.story

    State Department unlawfully detains reporter who asked tough questions:
    http://www.nationalreview.com/script/printpage.asp?ref=/nr_comment/nr_comment071202.asp

    Washington Post editorial ("Americans should not be subjecting themselves
    to law enforcement scrutiny merely by having cable lines installed, mail
    delivered or meters read"):
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A63924-2002Jul12.html

    More:
    http://www.aclu.org/news/2002/n071502a.html