FC: Brad Templeton on DOJ "TIPS" informant plan: Operation TIPS-TIPS

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 06:13:46 PDT

    Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:15:37 -0700
    From: Brad Templeton <bradat_private>
    To: Declan McCullagh <declanat_private>
    Subject: Re: FC: DOJ responds to informant plan criticism; petition launches

    We just need operation TIPS-TIPS.  A network of people to spot and identify
    possible TIPSters, to put up lists of their names, routes and addresses,
    and possibly to put chalk marks on their vehicles, homes and even clothes
    so we can spot them coming, avoid socializing with them, refuse them entry
    onto our land.   Perhaps like "No Solicitors" or gates could have signs
    saying "No TIPS informants"  If the power company wants to read my meter,
    they should send a non-informant.