FC: CFP 2004 may be in Europe, Barry Steinhardt predicts

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sun Jul 21 2002 - 21:30:45 PDT

    Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 17:51:22 -0400
    To: Declan McCullagh <declanat_private>
    From: Barry Steinhardt <BSteinhardtat_private>
    Subject: CFP in Europe

    Declan,

    When you were good enough to post my message about CFP 2003 in New York in
    April 2003, you asked about the possibility of a future CFP in Europe.

    The CFP 2003 Program Committee will have a number of European members on
    it. I am also trying to raise scholarship funds to bring a significant
    contingent of non-North Americans to the Conference. I know that the
    Europeans who have been involved in CFP are seriously exploring the
    possibility of bringing the conference there in 2004 or 2005. I believe it
    is a serious possibility.

    Please feel free to post this message to the list.

    Regards,

    Barry Steinhardt
    Chair CFP 2003