FC: Brad Templeton on Bush's TIPS program, spam, press credentials

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sun Jul 21 2002 - 22:01:29 PDT

    [Some compiled submissions... Brad is a provocative and intelligent writer.
    Previous Politech message: http://www.politechbot.com/p-03768.html --Declan]

    ---

    Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:25:41 -0700
    From: Brad Templeton <btat_private>
    To: Declan McCullagh <declanat_private>
    Subject: Re: FC: Brad Templeton on DOJ "TIPS" informant plan: Operation
    TIPS-TIPS

    Declan, a lot of people sent mail about enjoying the idea of TIPS-TIPS, so
    to spread the meme further, I made a web page for Operation TIPS-TIPS;

         http://www.all-the-other-names-were-taken.com/tipstips.html

    Report suspected citizen informants here!

    On a more serious note, to read an essay on why surveillance is bad for
    freedom, called "A Watched Populace Never Boils," go to:

         http://www.templetons.com/brad/watched.html

    ---