FC: A possible reason for Salon TIPS article and America's Most Wanted

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 11 2002 - 23:56:35 PDT

    This raises the question: Did a well-intentioned but behind-the-curve
    operator give the Salon reporter the America's Most Wanted phone number,
    possibly thinking it was an anthrax tip? (Note I'm not defending even the
    Oct. 2001 relationship between the Feds and a TV show -- seems highly
    dubious at best -- but is is an explanation.)

    Previous Politech messages:

    "NPR's Larry Abramson on inconsistencies in Salon TIPS article"
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-03867.html

    "Salon on TIPS informant program and America's Most Wanted"