FC: 9-11 roundup: Reason magazine and another announcements

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 21:50:39 PDT

    Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 09:13:13 -0700
    From: Mike Alissi <malissiat_private>
    Subject: Reason on 9/11
    To: declanat_private

    Hi Declan -
    We just posted Reason's 9/11 anniversary package from the October print
    edition, which focuses on
    the trade off between security and liberty:
    http://www.reason.com/0210/911.shtml

    Here are links to each story:

    Editor's Note
    Life after 9/11. Nick Gillespie
    http://www.reason.com/0210/ed.editors.shtml

    Freedom for Safety
    An old trade -- and a useless one. Nick Gillespie
    http://www.reason.com/0210/fe.ng.freedom.shtml

    Face the Facts
    Facial recognition technology's troubled past -- and troubling future.
    David Kopel and Michael
    Krause
    http://www.reason.com/0210/fe.dk.face.shtml

    The Forever War
    How long can an emergency last? Jacob Sullum
    http://reason.com/0210/fe.js.the.shtml

    Closing the Books
    Open government after 9/11. Jeffrey Benner
    http://reason.com/0210/fe.jb.closing.shtml

    Fixing Foreign Policy
    How the U.S. should wage the war on terror. Ted Galen Carpenter
    http://reason.com/0210/fe.tc.fixing.shtml

    Laughter in the Ruins
    What hasn't changed since 9/11. Jesse Walker
    http://reason.com/0210/co.jw.rant.shtml

    Who's to Blame for 9/11?
    Preconceived notions never die -- or fade away. Peter Bagge
    http://www.reason.com/hod/cartoon.pb090602.shtml

    All the best,
    Mike Alissi
    Reason