FC: Verified: Australian minister wants to restrict WTO protest sites

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 06:18:58 PDT

    "Australian minister allegedy wants WTO protest sites restricted"

    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/09/25/1032734207559.html

    NSW seeks to shut down protest sites

        Sydney
        September 25 2002

        NSW Police Minister Michael Costa has asked the Federal Government to
        shut down websites with instructions to disrupt a World Trade
        Organisation (WTO) meeting in Sydney.

        Mr Costa said yesterday he was deeply concerned about the websites
        which provided information to violently disrupt the WTO Trade
        Ministers meeting in November.

        "I support the community's right to peaceful, lawful protest but it's
        clear to me comments and information on these sites are designed to
        incite violence against NSW Police, who will be providing security at
        the meeting," he said. "These people have gone too far."

        [...]