FC: CFP for 2003 CFP conference, submissions due in January

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Mon Oct 07 2002 - 22:12:00 PDT

    Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 11:12:39 -0400
    From: Barry Steinhardt <BSteinhardtat_private>
    Subject: CFP Call for Proposals
    To: Declan McCullagh <declanat_private>

    Declan,

    Below is the call for proposals for the annual Computers, Freedom and
    Privacy Conference (CFP 2003). I would be greatly appreciative if you could
    post this to the Politech list.

    Thanks,

    Barry Steinhardt
    Chair CFP 2003

    CFP2003: The Thirteenth Conference on Computers, Freedom & Privacy
    Freedom to Move Think and Speak!
    New York, NY
    April 1-4, 2003

    CALL FOR PROPOSALS http://www.cfp2003.org/submissions/

    The Program Committee of the Thirteenth Conference on Computers,
    Freedom, and Privacy (CFP2003) seeks your proposals for innovative
    conference sessions and speakers.

    The Computers, Freedom & Privacy Conference has been a leading venue for
    public debate on the future of privacy and freedom in the online
    world for over a decade. Each year, key representatives from
    government, business, education, and non-profits including the legal,
    law enforcement, security, media, consumer, and hacker communities
    have gathered together to anticipate policy trends and issues and to
    help map the future of society in the online world. Attendees will
    meet again next April to address cutting edge questions and issues in
    computing, freedom and privacy.

    We are planning for the 2003 conference to have a global reach.
    The conference's site, New York is one of the media and International
    capitals of the world and offers an opportunity to attract a geographically
    and culturally diverse audience.

    The CFP 2003 Program Committee has tentatively decided on the theme of
    "Freedom to move think and speak".

    Proposals are welcomed on all aspects of this theme, but they may cover any
    other aspects of  computers, freedom, and privacy.  Links to past
    conference programs can be found at http://www.cfp.org/.

    We are seeking proposals for tutorials, plenary sessions, workshops,
    technical demonstrations, and birds-of-a-feather sessions. We are
    also seeking suggestions for speakers and topics. Sessions should
    present a wide range of thinking on a topic by including speakers
    from different viewpoints. Complete submission instructions appear on
    the CFP2002 web site at http://www.cfp2003.org/submissions/

    All submissions must be received by November 15, 2002 to receive
    priority consideration.

    Proposals will be reviewed by the CFP2003 Program Committee and
    Advisory Board. The Program Committee will notify submitters of
    the status of proposals no later than January 1, 2003.

    Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.

    Barry Steinhardt
    Chair CFP 2003