FC: History revisionism at FEMA site -- Operation TIPS vanishes

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 20 2002 - 07:25:52 PST

    Everyone remembers Operation TIPS, right -- the citizen-informant program?
    Some background:
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-03894.html

    A detailed webpage about TIPS used to be here:
    http://www.citizencorps.gov/tips.html

    It's been mysteriously deleted. I've copied it from Google's cache and
    mirrored it here:
    http://www.politechbot.com/docs/tips.deleted.112002.html

    I wonder if the case of the disappearing TIPS has anything to do with the
    Department of Homeland Security bill:

    http://www.house.gov/rules/homeland.pdf