FC: EFF's Brad Templeton and Norm Singleton on TIA's true threat

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 18:02:41 PST

    Other Politech messages:
    http://www.politechbot.com/cgi-bin/politech.cgi?name=poindexter

    From: "Singleton, Norman" <Norman.Singletonat_private>
    To: declanat_private
    Subject: RE: What's so bad about Total Information Awareness? by Ben Brunk
    Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 08:52:16 -0500

    good analysis except he misses how this system will be sued to further the
    use of the SSN as a uniform identifier and further the war on cash, begin in
    the freedom-loving Regan administration as part of the war on drugs, in
    order to more efficiently identify terrorists.

    Norman Kirk Singleton
    Legislative Director
    Congressman Ron Paul
    US House of Representatives