FC: Politech asked for help in drafting U.S. anti-spam law

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 08:27:16 PST

    Previous Politech messages:

    "Congressional aide likes Larry Lessig's anti-spam suggestion"
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-04357.html
    "Larry Lessig bets his job on spam law -- with me as judge?"

    From: [someone at .gov]
    To: "'declanat_private'" <declanat_private>
    Subject: Spam bill
    Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:03:01 -0500

    Hi Declan -

    I've got a very rough draft of a bill that is largely similar to Larry
    Lessig's spam proposal, and I thought Politechnicals might like to see it
    and throw some comments my way, if they have any.  As I said, it's pretty
    rough (let's call it an alpha version), but the major parts are
    there.  People can find the bill at
    www.geocities.com/housestaffguy/spamdraft.doc and any comments or whatever
    can be sent to devereauxat_private  Thanks!

    (please zap my name, if possible.  don't want to get any spam, you know...) ;-)