FC: Ernst Zundel's spokeswoman replies to Politech over his arrest

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 06:38:07 PST

    [Ingrid is Zundel's spokeswoman, and from what I gather has married Zundel
    since I last wrote about the man. For the record: I do believe that Zundel
    should enjoy the right to say what he wants about WWII without risking any
    legal penalties. At the same time, those of us who disagree with Zundel's
    creative views of the Holocaust ("did six million really die?") and Jews in
    general have the responsibility to highlight them as false. I don't know
    enough about the immigration charges to know whether Zundel violated the
    law or not. It's certainly possible Zundel has been targeted for his
    political views, or he could be swept up in a post-9-11 dragnet of people
    who have missed immigration hearings. Eventually we'll see court documents
    with details. Previous Politech message:
    http://www.politechbot.com/p-04442.html --Declan]

    ---