FC: Thomas Lipscomb on CIA Phoenix Project, U.S. history

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 23:34:35 PDT

    From: "Thomas Lipscomb" <tomlipscombat_private>
    To: <declanat_private>
    Subject: RE: CIA's secret Phoenix Project documents on The Memory Hole
    Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 03:04:50 -0400

    Declan.....

    Kindly don't get too excited at this kind of over the hill Marxist
    museum crap.

    There was a Phoenix program...and compared to what Castro has going on
    every day it is 3.2 beer. And compared to the VC village destabilization
    program it was like Disneyland in comparative toxicity.

    And it was a war, now, wasn't it? And the VC were killing civilians like
    there was no tomorrow in that war.

    So destabilizing the VC led to their final destruction in Tet in 68.

    It has NOTHING to do with the Homeland Security laws today. Just a nice
    old Red-diaper delusion.... that this silly ass clearly has fallen for.

    Phoenix had its excesses...so did the Clinton Administration with Waco
    and Ruby Ridge....

    But the idea there is some consistent plot is lunatic.

    You shouldn't be putting this hysterical nonsense out without context

    Xin loi

    Tom

    Thomas H. Lipscomb
    1360 York Avenue