FC: Request for help with research on Australia, NZ spam laws

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 11:15:49 PDT

    A longtime Politech subscriber is doing research on spam laws in Australia
    and New Zealand and has asked me to forward a research query. The eventual
    result of this research will be available to the public. Please send
    spamresearchat_private

    If you could help with these questions, I'd appreciate it:

    * A summary of legislative initiatives, both national and other
    * Any challenges that the countries have faced in developing legislation
    (ie. opposition, jurisdiction or constitutional constraints)
    * Opinions on whether new laws are effective or pointless
    * Information about any cases brought under new laws, any other news about
    spam initiatives in those countries.

    Again, please direct replies to:
    spamresearchat_private

    Thanks,