FC: Orrin Hatch yanks pornlink, video of "exploding PC" remarks up

From: Declan McCullagh (declanat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2003 - 05:55:49 PDT

    Wow, the Hatch folks responded quickly. But at least the hearing video, the
    link to which had quietly disappeared from judiciary.senate.gov, is
    archived -- see the first message, below, from Dave Farber's IP list.

    Also we see a problem with the Senate's web site (not just Hatch's). They
    don't check the URL given to a cgi-script against a list to ensure it's
    legitimate. So they run the risk of silliness like this:
    http://www.senate.gov/cgi-bin/exitmsg?url=http://www.politechbot.com/
    http://www.senate.gov/cgi-bin/exitmsg?url=http://www.sex.com/
    http://www.senate.gov/cgi-bin/exitmsg?url=http://www.practicalanarchy.org/
    http://www.senate.gov/cgi-bin/exitmsg?url=http://www.senatesucks.com/